[Framers] OT: Product Marketing Lingo

cuc tu cuc2u at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 11:47:34 PDT 2022

Hi All

Just a subtle point, we are discussing the proper way to present our product names/identifiers. For example, say we make audio analyzers with various model numbers and product trade names. Are there any incorrect ways to organize these terms:

The MX100 Audio Analyzer is...

The marketing lady thinks the correct way to present that is

The Audio Analyzer MX100 is...

I think this comes from when we have a trade name, such as AudioMax™.

The AudioMax MX1000 Audio Analyzer is...

I contend that Audio Analyzer MX100 is incorrect, but cannot articulate the technical reason why. Something like, MX100 modifies audio analyzer, right?

ThanksC2