[Framers] OT: Product Marketing Lingo

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 12:26:06 PDT 2022

It would seem that in a product name you want to have the fundamental descriptive stuff first (i.e. what is it, including adjectives). In that way you are pointing out the valuable part of the product (it is an Audio Analyzer). The MX100, while critically defining the product, can follow that, since you have to have dug into a variety of audio analyzers to even begin to recognize that the MX100 is what you need over the competition’s GSP10xP model. With translation now often a part of manuals, the issue of sequence in product names and alphanumeric designations depends on where a language places the adjectives in relationship to a noun. So much effort is put into product naming that there must be an article discussing the intersection of both these issues (product recognition and product name element sequence in translation).

Interesting question.

Digital Audio Analyzer MX100
Analog Audio Analyzer MX100A

Little red brick house 1972 Stamford Pl