This Weeks Sign that FrameMaker is Dead

Paul Findon pfindon at infopage.net
Thu Dec 1 14:14:30 PST 2005

On 1 Dec 2005, at 13:34, Mike Feimster wrote:

> I just received a message that Adobe FrameMaker is now a sponsor of
> massive campaign to announce its end or life. : )

Interesting!

"Thanks to Adobe® FrameMaker® as a new TECHWR-L Annual Sponsor!"

I'm not sure who exactly "Adobe FrameMaker" is? I thought Adobe Systems
was the company and FrameMaker the product. Could "Adobe FrameMaker" be
a new organization with plans to take FrameMaker onto more platforms?
Let's hope so.

I'm glad to see "Adobe FrameMaker" only took Silver sponsorship. I'd
hate to think that any more cash was being spent on advertising,
especially when net profits were only $144.9 million for the previous
quarter, up 39% on the year. Gosh! Discontinuing Mac FrameMaker because
Mac users didn't buy a product that Adobe never made (i.e., FrameMaker
for Mac OS X) really has paid dividends.

Paul