Copying master page layouts and graphics

Stacie Knas foolofgrace at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:34:37 PST 2005

I have a structured book with about 10 chapters.  I want the first
page of each chapter to use master page "first".  I have created this
master page in the first chapter, as well as finessed that chapter's
right- and left-hand pages.  Is there a way besides manually copying
to apply these pages to all pertinent chapters?

The "Complete Reference" describes how to copy the mapping information
from master pages, but that doesn't help me.  I've tried, from the
book level, highlighting the pertinent chapters (with or without the
desired master pages chapter) and applying across the book, but even
when I brave saying OK to the warning message asking me if I'm sure I
want to do that, it doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm stuck.  There has to be a way to do this.  Any help mucho appreciated.

Stacie