Copying master page layouts and graphics

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 12:32:22 PST 2005

Select all files in the book but your first chapter and use File >
Import Formats.
Select page layouts (and whatever else you want to import) and go for
it. That gets the master pages into each chapter file.

However, if the recipient pages have not been set up to use "first,"
after the import, you will have to open each one to the first page and
do Format > Page Layout > Master Page Usage > "first" in order to have
them recognize the new master page.

Art

On 12/16/05, Stacie Knas <foolofgrace at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a structured book with about 10 chapters.  I want the first
> page of each chapter to use master page "first".  I have created this
> master page in the first chapter, as well as finessed that chapter's
> right- and left-hand pages.  Is there a way besides manually copying
> to apply these pages to all pertinent chapters?
>
> The "Complete Reference" describes how to copy the mapping information
> from master pages, but that doesn't help me.  I've tried, from the
> book level, highlighting the pertinent chapters (with or without the
> desired master pages chapter) and applying across the book, but even
> when I brave saying OK to the warning message asking me if I'm sure I
> want to do that, it doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> I'm stuck.  There has to be a way to do this.  Any help mucho appreciated.

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358