Unavailable font

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Fri Apr 28 11:48:18 PDT 2006

That is an excellent statement of the one remaining "gotcha"
with the Save As PDF feature. It was really broken in 5.x, partly
fixed in 6.0, and mostly fixed in 7.x, but still only works reliably
if the default printer for FrameMaker is Adobe PDF. Somebody
has a plug-in that can configure FrameMaker to have a different
default printer than the Windows default, but I don't remember
the details at the moment (a flu bug has dulled my memory...).

But the other solution is the one I use: I never use Save As PDF.
Printing a file to a watched folder using the Adobe PDF driver
is nearly as fast as Save As PDF and is 100% reliable.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ