Conditional tags and translation (FM and Trados)

mathieu jacquet bobitch at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 08:45:04 PDT 2006

Dear all,

this is not a pure FM problem but here it is: are conditional tags handled
by Trados's extension S-Tagger for FrameMaker?

I'm currently writing procedures to repair hydraullic motors. The client has
large powerful motors and smaller ones. Repair procedures are somehow
different depending on the size of the motor, but not totally different. My
idea was to use conditional tags (1. "big" motor size ; 2. "little" motor
size).

We have to translate these documents into several languages later, but i've
been said not to use conditional tags, because Trados do not handle them.

You must have experienced this in the past... Any help appreciated!

Mathieu.