Translate FrameMaker book to Hebrew/Arabic and convert to onlinehelp

Reng, Winfried Dr. wreng at tycoint.com
Wed Aug 23 06:07:58 PDT 2006

Hi,

Thank you all very much for your suggestions.
Solutions were:

o 2 separate translations:
  - Convert to HTML, get it translated and convert to
    HTML Help.
  - Convert to Word, get it translated and create a PDF.
  Thus the online help will still be context sensitive.
  The second translation will cost money but in the era of
  translation memory systems hopefully not to much.

o Convert to XML, get that translated. Then:
  - Convert the XML to HTML via XSLT.
  - Convert the XML to PDF via LaTeX.

o Convert everything to InDesign. However then I don't
  have an online help.

o Mess around with the registry to get FrameMaker to
  handle right to left languages. Seemed to be only a
  solution for 2 page documents.

No-one suggested a converter from Word to HTML Help.

Best regards

Winfried