Structure/Schema - Custom or off the shelf?

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Wed Feb 1 05:58:06 PST 2006

The main advantages to using one of the standard schemas:

1) It has been developed and used by others so it has the benefit of being
tested and "proven" with actual documentation.

2) Even if it needs to be customized, you have a head-start in the
development process.

3) If there is already an EDD, etc., for the standard, you can try it out
before spending a lot of time or money.

4) There will be other users and developers that you can solicit for help
and advice.

5) There may be existing tools (templates, XSLT stylesheets, etc.) that you
can use in your environment.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267