MORE SPAM TO LIST MEMBERS

Marcus Carr mcarr at allette.com.au
Thu Feb 23 15:06:26 PST 2006

John Huntington wrote:

> OK, this jerk is spamming again.  How long will the list administrators
> allow this guy to spam the list?
>
> I think this list is a great resource, but I will bail if I'm going to
> be exposing my email to all kinds of crap like this.

Technically I agree that this falls into the category of spam, but at
least I'd say that it's targeted spam. Compared to the 100+ offers to
extend my penis or make it perform like a Formula 1 race car that
receive every day (despite two filters), I find the occasional spam from
a document company pretty acceptable in this forum.

Besides, plenty of people promote products, conferences or services on
this list, myself among them. I suppose the poster could use something
in the subject line to indicate that it's an advertisement, but being on
the digest, I don't pay much attention to them anyway. Best just to
ignore it, I think.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mcarr at allette.com.au