Odd bug printing FM to PDF

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Tue Jan 10 17:06:34 PST 2006

As Fred says, this is designed behavior. See Chapter 19, "Hypertext and
View-Only Documents" of the User Guide, particularly the "Preparing areas
for becoming active" section. Reading this won't necessarily solve your
problem, but at least you will understand what is happening.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Hi!

Seems like I've found an odd bug with hyperlinks from generated files
when I "print" an unstructured FM book from FM 7.1 to PDF.

I have found that when I print a FM book to PDF, the page numbers in the
TOC and index are automatically converted to hyperlinks in the PDF. The
text of the entry is also converted to a hyperlink. Thus, when I move my
cursor over the entry or page number in the PDF file, it turns from a
hand to a pointer.

However, if the entry's text is not in the default paragraph format for
the entry, this automatic conversion doesn't happen.

For example, if I go to the TOC reference page and change (for example)
the line for the chapter entries so that the page number has a "bold"
character format, the entry is converted to a hyperlink but not the page
number itself.

So if I have the line

<$paranum><$paratext><$pagenum>

(this line has the paragraph tag ChapterTitleTOC)

and I select "<$pagenum>" and apply a character tag (say "Bold"), then
the chapter entries in the TOC look fine, but the page numbers are
converted to hyperlinks in the PDF. The *chapter* number and text are
hyperlinks but not the *page* number.

This also happens if I surround <$pagenum> with a <Bold> tag, for
example

<$paranum><$paratext><Bold><$pagenum><Default Para Font>

This also happens in index entries.

Anyone seen this before?

Joe
TuVox, Inc.
19050 Pruneridge Avenue Suite 150, Cupertino, CA 95014-0715

Joe Malin
Technical Writer
(408)625.1623
jmalin at tuvox.com
www.tuvox.com <http://www.tuvox.com/>
The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.