Conditional Text in structured documents?

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:25:33 PST 2006

Roger,

On 12/01/06, Roger Shuttleworth <rshuttleworth at activplant.com> wrote:
> Hello Jakob
>
> Have you tried applying the condition to the Comment element itself,
> rather than to the text in it? You would do this by selecting the
> element in the Structure View. We do this all the time for some
> elements, and they do not result in an empty line.

Of course, I tried.  And I got the mentioned empty line. Because of
this, we had to design a special paragraph format (height: 0pt,
font-color: white, etc).  I know ...

Anyway, I just tried it again, just to be able to tell you that I've
got the same result, and this time it actually worked!  I don't know
what I did different this time.  However, I'm not sure how I can
actually hide all Comment paragraphs at once and show them again.

I've got the Sourcerer plugin sent by the Advantica people, and it
appears extremely powerful.  I think, I'll have a closer look at it.

> Another option is to define the Comment element as a marker element. If
> you do this, there is no need for conditional text at all. However, you
> are limited to 255 characters, and authors would need to actively search
> for the markers in order to read the comments. A plugin like IXGen would
> make this simple, though.
>
> Hope this helps.

Yes, thank you.

--