"Real Life" Migration to Structured Doc

DeFlorio, Dominick Dominick_Deflorio at plugpower.com
Mon Jan 30 04:44:01 PST 2006

We are still trying to decide which direction to take toward structuring
our document collection.  About two months ago, I posed a question to
FrameUsers requesting opinions on the best approach for migrating to
structure and received much valuable feedback.

I have been researching the possibility of using a company that provides
training coupled with consulting.  Consulting and training are
multi-leveled, depending on the price tag.  Due to financial
constraints, I am ambivalent about committing to a tack that may not
enable us to become self-sufficient.  However, I am still open to it.

In my search for the best approach, Arbortext's Epic Editor came up as a
possible solution.  Epic seems fairly robust, but I would like feedback
on "real life" experiences/opinions from anyone who has used Epic to
migrate Frame documents to structure.  I am interested in hearing about
your experiences with the product as well as support issues--Frame
issues.  I am also interested in experiences with the more traditional
Frame-to-structure, training/consulting companies.

...opinions and experiences, good or bad.

Thank you,
Dominick

Dominick A. DeFlorio
Senior Technical Writer