Dang Extra Pages!

Ridder, Fred fred.ridder at intel.com
Mon Jul 10 05:40:25 PDT 2006

The "Delete Extra Pages" pagination setting is only part of
the story.  What setting are you using for "1st Page Side"?
If it's "Right", that's your problem right there because if
one chapter ends on a right page FrameMaker can't start
the next chanter on a right page without inserting a blank
left page.

If that's not it, make sure that your chapters really end where
you think they do. Do you have View Text Symbols selected?
If so, does the end-of-flow mark appear immediately after your
last paragraph? With text symbols not showing it's very easy
to have a lot of empty paragraphs at the end of a chapter.
And are you sure your chapters begin where you think they
do? If the formatting of the first paragraph in the chapter
specifies a Top of Left Page or Top of Right Page pagination
setting, you'll get empty pages at the *start* of some chapters.
Have you looked for invisible content where you don't expect it?
Try using Ctrl+A for the Select All in Flow command to see
if the selection extends beyond the end of the text.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel.
Fred Ridder (fred dot ridder at intel dot com)
Intel
Parsippany, NJ