IndexGroup Titles

Jim Light jlight at pillardata.com
Tue Mar 14 09:19:23 PST 2006

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough.

The GroupTitlesIX paragraph tag does not appear in the PDF setup dialog
at all. It is not part of our FrameMaker template. If you remove it from
the Reference page, FrameMaker puts it back. If you remove it from the
paragraph catalog, FrameMaker puts it back. I cannot find a way to purge
it from FrameMaker.

If it is present in the FrameMaker index file paragraph catalog when you
generate your PDF, it appears in the bookmark list of the finished PDF
even though it does NOT appear in the PDF Settings dialog at all. There
is NO WAY to tell Acrobat to not use this, unless you delete the tag
from the paragraph catalog before you generate the PDF. You don't even
have to delete the actual tagged paragraphs. They can remain, tagged
with the GroupTitlesIX tag, they appear in the printed and PDF versions.
As long as the tag is removed from the catalog you can have the letters
in the index without having them in the PDF Bookmarks list.

Is that clearer?

Am I the only person for whom this behavior manifests itself? Yikes!

Thanks

Jim