PDF Generation question

Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com Tammy.VanBoening at jeppesen.com
Tue May 23 08:55:17 PDT 2006

Framemaker 7.1, Windows XP, Adobe Acrobat 7.0.

In my Framemaker source files, I have the following tags set to appear in
my TOC: ChapTitle, SecTitle, Head1, Head2, Head3, and Head4. All tags
appear as expected with the proper indentations, in the proper order,  and
with all links working in the TOC. Only one chapter (Chapter 7) uses the
SecTitle tag; however, as noted, it appears as expected in the TOC with
the proper numbering (SecID), in the proper order, and the links from
SecTitleTOC work just fine.  When I generate my PDF from this file,
however, this is a different story.

I do have the following:

Printer: Adobe PDF
Under PDF Setup, I have Generate Bookmarks checked. In the Include
Paragraphs, I do have these tags:  ChapTitle, SecTitle, Head1, Head2,
Head3, and Head4 and I have Include Paragraphs Tags in bookmark text
selected (for troublshooting purposes). I also have Create Named
Destinations Set under Links and I have confirmed that the chapter-level
PDF settings are the same as the book.

When I generate the PDF from the FM source file, I get the bookmark for
ChapTitle for Chap 7 appearing; however, the other bookmarks that should
appear underneath (SecTitle, Head1, etc.) are appearing underneath Chapter
6  - In other words, the top level SecTitles (with all of the Head1, Head2
below collapsed) are appearing in order, but as the last tags beneath
Chapter 6.

Like I said, Chap 7 is the chapter that uses the SecTitle paragraph, so
why are these bookmarks being placed under Chapter 6?

Thanks,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Senior Technical Writer