'Bold' not inserted in Character Formats

Martha J Davidson editrix at nemasys.com
Fri May 26 12:34:54 PDT 2006

At 04:57 AM 5/26/2006, Bodvar Bjorgvinsson wrote:
>I have a weird problem on my hands, and I probably have had it for a
>long time (years). I have a problem with setting some of my Character
>Tags to bold. I am not sure whether it is isolated to the Helvetica
>font, but this is how it goes:

I have seen this as well. In my current template, body tags use
AGaramond. I have a character tag set to As Is, and then Bold.
When I apply this tag to body text, nothing happens. When I
make a tag that explicitly references AGaramond Bold, then
I get bold text, but not when I use a more generically defined tag.

I don't have a solution for this other than to make a new character
tag that uses the dedicated bold font. Is that the only way?

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words
editrix at nemasys.com

"Too many words bring about exhaustion."
      --Tao Te Ching, Chapter 5 (translated by Sheets/Tovey)