Missing font in FM although it shows fine in Word?

Wed Nov 1 10:19:46 PST 2006

Rene Stephenson wrote:

> Thanks for the insight! Yes, we do have Minion Pro. I've
> prowled through the maker.ini, and I'm wondering if the line
> I need to add would be in [UnknownToKnownFontMap] as:
>
> Minion Web, *, *, *=Minion Pro, *, *, *

Caution: My previous font-mapping experience has been mostly
trial-and-error; I'm sure others are better-qualified in this area.

The line you propose may or may not work. I think it'll depend on what
FM does about the Minion Web faces that _are_ found -- will it ignore
the above mapping (which uses wildcards for all variations) for the
angles and weights that exist, or will it replace everything with the
Minion Pro equivalent? I can't say.

You might need:

Minion Web, Italic, Bold, *=Minion Pro, Italic, Semibold [or Bold --
your choice], *

Or something else entirely. :-)

Richard