Creating a Folded Booklet

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Wed Oct 4 09:35:18 PDT 2006

Rebecca.L.Frasure at aphis.usda.gov wrote:
> Is is possible to build a folded booklet in Framemaker? I have to create a
> 3-1/2" x 6" dictionary, and I'd rather use FM instead of Word.  Thanks for
> any help!

If you're sending to a commercial printer, they will do the page
rearrangement ("imposition") for you; just create your content on single
pages as usual and discuss your needs with your printing house.

If you're printing to a physical printer in-house, check your printer
driver; it may have the capability itself. (Our new Konica-Minolta does
imposition, creasing, and stapling automatically.)

If you're printing to a physical printer in-house that does not impose,
buy some imposition software such as Quite Imposing ($$$,
professional-level tool) or Clickbook ($, some caveats such as no EPS
support, but it works fine for me).

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5