page numbering

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Tue Oct 31 06:04:12 PST 2006

Hi Dave,

If you are using unstructured FrameMaker, there is an undocumented (and
unsupported) FrameMaker feature called point pages. Open your document and
press Esc p z in sequence. Select the numbering style and click Freeze. Now
add some content to one of the pages so it overflows the page and watch what
happens.

Of course, if your document contains autonumbers, you can see why the
feature is undocumented and unsupported. But I have developed a plugin
called PointPages that allows you to use point pages while solving the
autonumbering problem. If you are interested, let me know and I will send
you the documentation. Thanks.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267