From A4 to A5 with trim marks

mathieu jacquet bobitch at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 06:46:49 PDT 2007

Hi all,

a client created a document in A4 format with Framemaker.

Now he wants to have it printed in A5 format (without any change in
FrameMaker). So he wants a high quality pdf with 2 (default FM A4) pages
juxtaposed on a (output pdf) A3 sheet, with trim marks (call them "swallows
in French, same thing in English?).

My problem is that when I generate my pdf, it comes out with the two A4
pages juxtaposed on a A3 sheet, but with trim marks ALL AROUND EACH A4 page,
which is normal since the FM default page format is A4.

Is it possible to have trim marks only around the outer edges of the 2 A4
taken together (no trim mark in between)?

Thank you,

Mathieu.