How many writers/engineer

Daniel Doornbos danield at promise.com
Mon Apr 16 19:00:39 PDT 2007

Hello Krishna,

I have not seen any "official" statement of the proper ratio.
But I did read an article that said, in general, an organization should
have one tech writer per eight developers or engineers. Asking around my
STC chapter and in tech writing classes, it seems that one writer per 15
to 30 developers or engineers is more common. At my company, I am the
lone writer supporting 80 developers.

HTH

Daniel Doornbos
Technical Writer