How to delete trailing spaces in one go?

Kenneth C. Benson kbenson at pegtype.com
Fri Aug 3 10:23:43 PDT 2007

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson wrote:

> but this results in the new \p taking on the paragraph attributes of
> the next line, removing extra vertical space or changing to
> superscript if next line starts on a superscript.

I've had great success getting around this exact same problem in
Indesign (haven't tested it yet in Frame) by doing the Find/Replace in
two steps. First, find space return and replace with return {delete}
return. Then find {delete} return and replace with nothing.

{delete} can be anything you want it to, as long as it's unique.

Let me know if this works in FM.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com