Book problems

James Dyson jdyson at kvh.com
Wed Aug 15 08:53:52 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm using Framemaker 7.2 and I've run into a problem I've never seen
before. I have a small book, consisting of just four files (15 pages)
and a TOC. I can print the files within the book individually without
any problems. When I try to print the book, only the first file prints
and then a page prints with the following error message:

ERROR: undefined
OFFENDING COMMAND: KVH?  (KVH is my company name)
STACK:
72
469
-462
-69

I've also tried saving the book as a PDF, and the .log file listed the
very same error message shown above. The PDF failed to generate.

I've tried the following solutions to no avail:
Tried other printers
Creating a new book and adding those files to the new book
Deleting individual files
Reordering files
Printing the book using a different PC and copy of Framemaker
Printed another, existing book and verified that I can still do that
Gotten assurance from IT that there is no known significance on their
end to the error message shown

Thanks,
Jim Dyson

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by KVH Industries for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected.