<$autorange> issues

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:40:30 PDT 2007

Do paragraphs 1717 and 1734 occur on consecutive pages? If so,
FrameMaker is behaving exactly as designed. The <$autorange>
option is desinged to indicate a page range in the index whenever
the same entry text appears in index markers that are on a
consecutive series of *pages*. Your index may be built around
paragraph numbers, but <$autorange> only works an a page-
wise basis.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only way you can get paragraph ranges
to be indicated in your index is to explicitly code them with
<$startrange> and <$endrange> building blocks in the
appropriate index markers.

-Fred Ridder