Keyboard shortcuts in FM8 (was Re: 8.0.1 patch fixes FM Book to PDF issue)

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Sun Dec 2 08:20:45 PST 2007

The FrameMaker 8 keyboard shortcut issue is particularly frustrating.
It's not just F9; it's all of the ctrl/F[0-9] shortcuts (element
operations, conditional text, variables, character and paragraph
formats). Using these shortcuts can dramatically improve a writer's
productivity using FrameMaker, and minimize reliance on the mouse.

In FM8, the shortcuts "time out", at an apparently random interval.
Often the shortcut time-out is almost immediate. These keyboard
shortcuts are nearly unusable in FM8.

I would also be interested in hearing whether anybody does _not_
experience this problem with FrameMaker 8, or if there is a work-around.

-Alan

--
Alan Houser, President
Group Wellesley, Inc.