a new Dell PC

Meredith, Ashley Ashley_Meredith at brown.edu
Sun Dec 9 00:34:12 PST 2007

I've just had a hardware failure that means I get to upgrade to Vista Pro and the latest versions of FrameMaker and Acrobat Pro, as quick as I can get a new workstation ordered. The only stipulation that my university makes is that it prefers Dell. I haven't been paying much attention to hardware improvements lately, so I need to ask, does anyone have recent experience with their offerings? I can pretty much have what I ask for, so which model of Dell desktop should I specify? Which options? Are the wireless keyboard and mouse a hindrance? Also, would a SCSI drive be much of an improvement over their default drive?