Hidden frame

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 01:24:51 PST 2007

At 15:34 -0600 5/2/07, Doug wrote:

>Yes, for some reason my Right master page lost it's A name/was renamed
>to HIDDEN.  And everytime I imported a new text inset it reapplied the
>HIDDEN text frame name of all instances of the Right body page.
>Bummer.  I fixed it by renaming the master page and then deleting the
>HIDDEN body text frames.  Pain.

For real pain, you should have seen a document I was handed once. 600+ pages laid out left/right in which no frames connected, so that each page was set and balanced by hand. And with a further set of empty disconnected frames overlaid on each right page, making its contents unselectable (like yours).

It's author has seriously not 'got' the idea behind master pages. It left me wondering how much of the 'FrameMaker is antiquated' arguments stem from this sort of level of misunderstanding about how an application works.

--
Steve