Using variables for single sourcing

David Shaked (Wernick) david at almondweb.com
Tue Feb 6 13:46:08 PST 2007

Scott Prentice wrote:

> We do have a plugin, MarkerTools, that lets you use variables within
markers ..
> http://www.leximation.com/tools/info/markertools.php

Thanks very much for this information. These plug-ins look like good
solutions.

Aside from the variables, do the plug-ins create standard index entries? If
I use the plug-in, and then I share the document with another FM user who
doesn't have the plug-in, will the index entries continue to work? Will the
variables in the index entries continue to work?

David Shaked (Wernick)

AlmondWeb Ltd.
http://www.almondweb.com
Technical Documentation * Web Development * Word and WebWorks Consultants