Introducing Technical Writing, Tools, and Process to Teams in the Company

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 08:00:28 PST 2007

I would say this all depends you your audience and who you are making
the documents for. Best start is to ask questions like you have done
here. I did a presentation on FM a couple of years ago, really an
introduction to FM where the audience was prospective writers and the
heads of the departments involved. I started with the general
questions about why we are writing and for whom and what are the
"duties" of the writers and layout people, namely to convey the
information involved as simply and clearly as possible, so that the
reader will gather all the information in the shortest possible time.

Bodvar