Distiller 8 PDF job options not showing in FrameMaker

Smith, Terry Terry.Smith at per-se.com
Fri Jan 12 11:39:49 PST 2007

As has been reported by Adobe, FrameMaker 7 cannot find any custom job
options you create unless you copy the job options to the old default
folder instead of the new one Adobe Distiller uses (see
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/333453.html in the Adobe Support
database).

I have found this solution to be incomplete, but I don't know how to
Adobe support doc fixes part of the problem:

* (Original fix) The fix on the Adobe Support page (see URL above) makes
the custom job options show up in the selection list in FrameMaker if
you select either File>Print Setup>Properties button (for the Adobe PDF
printer name) or if you access that same window by selecting
File>Print>Setup button.

* (Additional step needed) However, if you select File>Print>PDF Setup
button, the your custom job options will *not* appear in the PDF Job
Options field. To correct this, you must copy your job options file (for
example, <name>.joboptions) to a second location:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Settings

If anyone has a different result, please let me know.

-Terry Smith
terry dot smith at per-se dot com