Reply vs. Reply All (Was TOUGH ONE)

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Sat Jan 27 12:34:10 PST 2007

> Once again you've only replied to me, rather than to the list. You need to
> understand that this is a shared community in which whoever knows
> something to contribute, does contribute. Writing only to one community
> member puts the work on that person, and also closes off the possibility
> that others may have more useful information for you.

Like Michael, I often send replies to the original poster only, and not to
the forum. It's not intentional. It's just that, of all the fora I visit on
the Web, this is the only one that is not set by default to reply to the
group. I never have to use the Reply All button anywhere else, so I almost
always forget and hit the Reply button out of habit.

I think it's silly that a person has to enter the FrameUsers address
manually in a reply (once you've started composing, it's the only way to add
it), or remember to hit a different button (Reply All) _before_ you compose
a reply to the forum. I wish the forum default setting was changed in this
regard. But I know the topic has come up before and some feel it's more
important to be sure the original poster gets a direct copy of the reply,
rather than the forum. So there's the trade-off.

Mike Wickham

P.S. It was only at the last moment that I remembered to manaully addthe
FrameUsers address into this reply, or you alone would have seen it!