High quality images

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Mon Jan 29 14:50:11 PST 2007

Matt,

Several observations:

(1)	There is something drastically wrong with your
RIP if it is slowing down when faced with compressed
images.

(2)	How an image is compressed in a TIFF file is
irrelevant in terms of what FrameMaker, the PostScript
driver, and if you are using a PDF workflow, what
the Distiller and Acrobat's print routines do with
the image with regards to compression. Any LZW or ZIP
compression in a screen shot (or any other image)
imported into FrameMaker is absolutely lost when
FrameMaker sends the image data to the PostScript driver!

	- Dov