Table formatting

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Mon Jul 9 07:27:04 PDT 2007

Eli,

You wrote:

>I'd like to create a table format for a note, with one row and two columns.
>I want a line above and below the second column. I've only managed to do
>this using custom ruling and shading, which I don't want to use because
>custom ruling can't be stored as part of the table format.
>
>Any ideas?

Another approach is to use Frame Below and Frame Above for the paragraph
tag(s) used in the second column, referencing a frame defined in the
reference page with the desired rule.

Other than setting the Frame Above/Below properties for the Note paragraph
(eg if you would like to have multiple note paragraphs), it is also
possible to set up the table so that it has empty heading and/or footing
rows with a custom paragraph (assuming that the note is not allowed to
split between pages).

Upon updating the table format, the paragraphs tags being used (in the
first heading, footing and body row) will be stored as part of the table
format, and will be repeated in new tables you insert.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants