Creating special bullets

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Sun Mar 11 23:58:23 PDT 2007

Linda,

You wrote:

>... I've found the FrameMaker Character Sets document that is available under
>the Help menu, but even when I tried entering the hex or ANSI codes from it
>with a Zapf Dingbats char tag in the para style, I still did not get a match
>between the code I put in and the resulting bullet symbol as listed in the
>document.  ...

You can directly specify the hex code shown in Windows built-in Character
Map in FrameMaker dialog boxes. For example, the Windows icon in Wingdings
is reported in the Character Map as "Character code: 0xFF". In FrameMaker,
Autonumber Format box, use \xFF to refer to the same character; it will
show in the document as the Windows icon if the font defined for the
autonumber is Wingdings.

[ Starting with FM6.0, the FrameMaker Character Sets PDF has some
inaccuracies --see http://www.microtype.com/Hmmms.html#0312 . The Windows
Character Map is recommended instead ]

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants