Color seperation help

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Mon Mar 12 10:18:40 PDT 2007

Scott,

The awful truth is that FrameMaker Windows only produces
RGB output via Windows GDI, even when printing to a
PostScript print, with the exception of EPS files whose
content is passed directly through to a PostScript device.
Thus, so-called spot colors in your document are sent out
as RGB colors as are any other colors in your FrameMaker
document. If your PostScript printer driver instance is
properly setup, at least your black and gray will come
out as grayscale, but any CMYK or spot colors will appear
in PostScript (and in any subsequent PDF) as RGB.

There is at least one third party product out there that
can intercept the RGB and try to resynthesize spot colors.
See <http://www.grafikhuset.net/international/> and more
specifically <http://www.grafikhuset.net/publipdf/default.htm>
for one such program.

	- Dov