Bilingual TOC

mathieu jacquet bobitch at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 01:22:54 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a bilingual (FR-EN) marketing document and I have a tough time
finding out how to automatically (a very simple) generate a billigual TOC,
that includes 4 Paragraph Styles:

ChapterTitleFR
ChapterTitleEN
ChapterTableTitleFR
ChapterTableTitleEN

The document includes 12 chapters.
The first two chapters start with the following 2 lines:

<SemiBold>ChapterTitleFR (then carriage return)
<Italics>ChapterTitleEN

The following ten chapters start with the following 2 lines:

<SemiBold>ChapterTableTitleFR (then carriage return)
<Italics>ChapterTableTitleEN

My goal is to obtain a TOC that presents first the French TOC, then the
English one (customer requirement):

ChapterTitleFR
ChapterTableTitleFR

ChapterTitleEN
ChapterTableTitleEN

So currently I generate 2 TOCs (one French, one English), I then copy-paste
the English one under the French one and that's it. But I doubt the customer
will accept this "automatic" generation of TOC...

<SemiBold>Merci à tous pour votre aide!
<Italics>Any help appreciated!

Mathieu.