Strange PDF Problem

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Tue Mar 20 14:51:06 PDT 2007

OK.

First off. Then Dianne is right. Changing the file names after the pdf is
created will break any links in the pdf, but only for external files that are
trying to link to it. Any internal links should be relative and not absolute.
Actually, any links should be relative if they relate to a group of pdfs that
will remain together, otherwise if they link to, say, a remote url then they
should be absolute (and of course, before anyone jumps up and down, there are
always exceptions).

That provides a lead then.

1. Have you changed the name of book (i.e. chapter) files outside the book
itself?
2. How did you create the cross references?
3. Did you do an update prior to creating the pdfs?
4. Can you check one of the links in the pdf that is not working and see where
it is pointing to? Check to see if it is relative or absolute. If you can't do
that from the pdf, you may need to to do it in FM.
5. Do you have bookmarks and do they work?

Alan

--
Alan Litchfield MBus (Hons), MNZCS
AlphaByte