Acrobat 8, as part of CS3 Package

Rush, Jay jrush at c-cor.com
Mon May 7 12:43:31 PDT 2007

Same system properties you describe, Acrobat 8 Pro bundled with CS3
Design Premium Upgrade. Last week, I made a post (Frame 7.2 crashes with
Acrobat 8 Pro) regarding frequent, random crashes. Unlike you, I was
unable to successfully create PDFs from all Frame files. I had success
with some individual files, but almost all book files crashed. In
addition, I also had the same problem you describe: random character
dropouts. In my research, I stumbled on a fix on the Adobe FrameMaker
forum (http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3265e). Delete this
file (C:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT), reboot, try again. Character
dropouts go away for a while, but it might happen so do this
periodically. I don't know of any patches yet.

Any help on Frame crashes with Distiller 8 would be great.