Acrobat 8, as part of CS3 Package

David Spreadbury dspreadb at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 04:44:48 PDT 2007

Well, the solution to my problem turned out to be a simple one.

  I erred in saying nothing changed on my system. Monday morning I finally received my registration number for the CS3 package. I activated my CS3. That's when the problems started.

  The source of the problem was a copy of the evaluation version of Acrobat 8. I had installed this a few weeks ago to look at the new features in Acrobat 8 and see how it would change our workflow. I didn't delete the evaluation version before installing the CS3 version.

  Apparently the eval print driver and the CS3 print driver clashed causing the strange behavior.

  I deleted the eval version and CS3 versions of Acrobat 8. Reinstalled the CS3 versions. Doing this apparently deleted the Adobe PDF print driver, so I had to manually reinstall the driver.

  Once all that was complete I tested and everything seems to be working just fine now.

  Thanks to those who offered suggestions.