footnote problem

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 02:20:04 PDT 2007

My walnut is telling me that a footnote is a footnote and things that
do not fit within the majority of a page as allowed in FrameMaker must
be something else, like an end note or just as an "insert" (not in the
FM way) that is just shown indented and/or in smaller type in direct
continuation of the subject section/part/paragraph.

I understand the problem, although I have not had to deal with it
(other than when the footnote reference is too low on the page for the
footnote itself to fit). This problem has come up several times on the
list IIRC. I have no other solution than this and, then maybe to
cross-reference it.

Is this something that can be overridden by a FrameScript? I guess not.

Adobe should look into this along with some other quirks, like the
feathering problem when you have an anchored frame on a page, and/or
balanced columns.

Bodvar