radical revamping of techpubs

Gordon McLean Gordon.McLean at GrahamTechnology.com
Wed Oct 31 02:49:18 PDT 2007

So, is there a "Tech Writers in Agile Dev" mailing list? I'm a member of the
Agile Usability one but haven't, yet, stumbled across a scrum of writers
(sorry!).

Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From:
framers-bounces+gordon.mclean=grahamtechnology.com at lists.frameusers.com
[mailto:framers-bounces+gordon.mclean=grahamtechnology.com at lists.frameusers.
com] On Behalf Of Susan Modlin
Sent: 31 October 2007 00:03
To: Technical Writer; framers at lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: radical revamping of techpubs

I've followed this thread with interest, even though it has precious little
to do with FrameMaker.

My perspective differs somewhat from what I've seen so far in the
discussion. I've been working in and with agile development groups as a
writer or doc manager since late in the last century. When I first heard
about agile, I thought it was the devil's spawn, but it hasn't turned out
that way at all. In my experience, a writer in a well-run agile environment
can be involved from day one of the first iteration all the way through to
delivery of a final product -- and not just writing and rewriting the same
stuff over and over again. In fact, I find that I don't spend as much time
writing as I once did. However, as an integral part of the development
organization, I have no shortage of interesting and impactful (terrible
word) tasks on my plate.

As a side note, I'm a certified (and very interested) scrum master.

...Susan

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended solely for the
addressee. If you have received this communication in error please remove it and inform us via
telephone or email. Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments
are free from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds. The views represented
within this mail are solely the view of the author and do not reflect the views of the organisation
as a whole.
Graham Technology plc
Registered in Scotland company no. SC143434
Registered Office India of Inchinnan, Renfrewshire, Scotland PA4 9LH

http://www.grahamtechnology.com