Using Copy special

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 04:57:14 PDT 2007

You'd get a "real" heading 3 that isn't in the catalog and so would be
treated as an override -- flagged with the asterisk. To make it more
real, after pasting, open the paragraph designer and update all
heading 3s with the pasted-in settings.

And, although you didn't ask, you can change the settings before
applying. So, for instance, if you paste in a heading 3 format, in the
para designer, you can use those settings as the base for Body, or any
other tag, existing or new, depending on how you update.

Art

On 10/31/07, Caroline Tabach <Caroline at radcom.com> wrote:
> Can you help me clear something up.
>
> I am using Frame 7.2
>
> There is an option called copy special using which you can copy a paragraph style and paste it to some text.
> When you do this, does the text you paste the style to become the new style or only look like it!!
>
> I have a document that had no proper styles and was imported from Word.
> I wanted to make heading 3s.
> When I made one heading 3 and then pasted it using the above would I get
> the Body tag with an asterisk that looks like heading 3 but is not really, or would I get a real heading 3?????
>
> CarolineTabach
> Technical/Marcom Writer

                             No disclaimers apply.
                                     DoD 358