Language Translation Estimates

Lin Surasky Lin.Surasky at retalix.com
Thu Feb 14 13:41:55 PST 2008

Hi all-

With the Chatauqua going on, I'm having trouble hunting people down, and
of course my boss needs an answer to this yesterday (even though he only
asked me today....)

We're considering translating our docs library from English into French.
Everything is in FrameMaker, the templates are simple and there are lots
of screen shots that will need to be replaced. How do you esimate a
project like this? How many minutes/hours per page for language
translation, cleanup/layout and graphics replacement? (Assume only 1
graphic per page....)

Anyone have any great sites (or insight) to share?

Thanks!
Lin

PS - Ann or Diane G -- I know you're out there somewhere! Help a girl
out, wouldya? ;-)