add tab stop in a cross-reference

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 10:09:00 PST 2008

Since char formats can be used anywhere in the document, getting a set
distance will be difficult. But sure, you can add a slash-t ("\t") in
there, but it's a tab and not a tab stop declaration. I do this. Of
course I limit this xref format's use to it being the only entry in a
paragraph, which has an actual tab stop assigned to it. So yes, you
can likely do what you need to do provided you marry up the xref and
the paragraph style into a combined use.

--
Bill Swallow