master pages and multiple revisions

Deirdre Reagan deirdre.reagan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 10:26:49 PDT 2008

Hi All!

FM 8.0, XP.

I don't even know how to ask this question.

Let's say you have a 50 page document, and each page has the date of
original issue on it. The date of original issue is a cross-reference
(I know, I know) on the master page.

If you want to make changes to a document and you want the revision
date to appear only on the pages that have been revised, do you create
a new master page based on the old master page and change the original
cross-reference to a cross-reference to the revision date?

I think that is what to do.

If so, if we have a document that ends up in 12 revisions, then we
will have 13 sets of master pages (1 original and 12 revisions)?

Is that correct? All those master pages are ok?

Thanks,

Deirdre