adding rows to tables

Thu Jul 10 14:10:55 PDT 2008

Deirdre Reagan wrote:

> Yeah, I am trying to add text only.
>
> I have information in one table (six or so pages long) and I'm adding
> it to a new table of shorter length.
>
> The columns are different, so I can't paste actual rows or columns.

Sure you can. Make a copy of your source table (maybe in a new temp
document). Add or subtract the appropriate columns so that it matches
the destination table. Select and copy all the rows. Put your cursor in
the destination table row above or below which you want to add the new
data and paste, selecting the appropriate option in the Paste Rows
dialog.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer