TOCs

martin.smith at golehtek.com martin.smith at golehtek.com
Thu Jul 17 13:47:29 PDT 2008

Hi Deirdre,

When you generate a table of contents or a list of paragraphs,
FrameMaker inserts a new paragraph in the generated document for each
paragraph retrieved.

However, you can generate a table of Collectors, Effectivities, and CH
Numbers as you describe--complete with cross-reference links--with a
little scripting.

The FrameScript language makes it possible to extend FrameMaker's
out-of-the-box capabilities. If you don't have the time or the
interest in learning to write scripts, you will find a number of
people on this list and elsewhere (yours truly among them) who could
implement a solution for you within a few days paid consulting time.
If your documents are lengthy or updated frequently, it may well be
worth your time to invest in a solution to automate the task.

You can check out my web site at www.golehtek.com for more information
about the consulting services that I provide.

The FrameScript users list, hosted under Yahoo Groups, is also a good
resource, as is the FrameScript web site at www.framescript.com.

Best regards,

Martin

Martin R. Smith