Question about WebWorks 2008.1 and FrameMaker 7.2 Transit Menu

John Pitt john at pitt.net.au
Fri Jul 25 03:04:30 PDT 2008

Cecily,

1. ePPro is no longer on the FM menu.

The workflow that WebWorks now champion is to build and maintain your
style templates using Pro; make a master stationery file using Pro;
build your projects using ePX (Express) linked to that stationery file.

You can have 1 or 100s of projects linked to one stationery file, and
when the stationery is changed, all projects have the option of updating
with the updated stationery next time they are compiled. Instant change
across an entire organisation's document set is possible with no pain.

I use this workflow to great effect, and amongst other things, it allows
you to whip up a quick and dirty test project with a single file or book
at any time.

See <http://www.webworks.com/Introduction/What_is_ePublisher.shtml> for
more details.

2. Transit is a plug-in that adds marker and conditional text
functionality to Microsoft Word. FrameMaker does not use it because they
are native functions.

HTH

jjj

From: "Beierle, Cecily" <cbeierle at tcfbank.com>
Subject: Question about WebWorks 2008.1 and FrameMaker 7.2 Transit
	Menu

We have been using FrameMaker 7.2 with Windows XP, and WebWorks Pro
(9.2) and
WebWorks Express (1.0, build 10234), and IE 6 or IE7.
I am testing the recent release of WebWorks Enterprise, 2008.1 (Pro and
Express).
The WebWorks menu in FrameMaker 7.2 used to list Generate Output (which
created a temporary project out of the current FrameMaker file), and
Launch... ePublisher Express and Launch ePublisher Pro.
With the recent release, however, WebWorks menu in FrameMaker lists only
ePublisher Express.
When I looked at the release notes, I saw was that the transit menu was
simplified in release 9.3 - that was the only mention that seemed related to
my problem.
The version of WebWorks Transit is 1.0.0 in both the old and the new
releases.

Can anyone please tell me if:
1. Should I see ePublisher Pro in my WebWorks menu in FrameMaker?
2. Is there a workaround to generate a temporary project from a current
file?

--

John Pitt, technical writer
john at pitt.net.au