table and figure captions

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Wed Jun 11 07:55:03 PDT 2008

The issue I see is does the resulting structure still validate?

If you have control over the DTD/Schema, you can resolve that problem by
modifying the structural definition; if not you will have to do some
very fancy translation on export (or import), or leave figures as
non-table objects.

On the whole, I very much like having figures in tables because of the
noted capabilities - automatic captioning, ability to trivially create a
ruling box, and placement flexibility except for in-line with other
text.

<jerilynne.knight at gmail.com>
| wrote:
|
| > I create a table format specifically to hold graphics.
|
| Is this in structured or unstructured Frame? If the latter, can anyone
| see a problem with doing it in the former?
|
| --
| Milan Davidovic
| http://altmilan.blogspot.com

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com